 Subject: Re: OT cheap modular synths
 To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
 Date: Sunday, December 18, 2016, 4:10 AM

 Hi
 Art

 On 17 Dec 2016, at
 23:45, Art Simon <simart@gmail.com>
 wrote:

 Hey Mark,
 Would you be willing to post
 pictures of your DIY modular system? Sounds
 cool!
 I must
 take some newer pics, but heres a page on my
 site,http://www.markfrancombe.com/wordpress/my-modular-synth/ its
 current status is the curved wooded thing you can see under
 construction. There are some pics showing the IKEA racks i
 mentioned, which is how i started. Not all of mine is DIY,
 but most of it, and all module now. There is occasionally
 modules i want that cannot be made by hand, then i save up
 and buy, often generating cash by selling modules ive
 made.PAIA is
 pretty rubbish by todays standards actually, i have a couple
 of mixer/adsr/vca modules that are a bit hissy, but have a
 unique A curve on the envelope i like, but as kits, quite
 old school, lots of floating wiring, and +- 15 v psu instead
 of the usual +-12v. I would steer clear of Frac Rack, and
 stick to Euro. (though i keep 1 row of Frac mainly for the
 PAIA and 1module by Blacet called Binary Zone... a weird
 staircase sequencer)
 And
 talking of sequencers, I have many, The deepest analog style
 is probably the Klee, not a beginners module, Synthrotek
 make a cute 8note, with some odd features, my latest build
 is a teeny 6HP 2 channel 16 note module, PRIZMA very deep
 lots of stuff like scale quantising, strange ping pong mode
 that ping pings based in a base number you choose so if you
 choose 3, you get notes thus: 12321234323454345654567- up to
 step 16 resulting in a sequence that repeats every... er...
 alot! But my
 absolute fave is the very wonderfull Turing machine
 sequencer, made of 5 seperate modules that work together and
 you can make seperately. Kind of a random note generator,
 which you lock on a sequence when something happens you
 like...

 Mark