[Date Prev][Date Next
] [Thread Prev][Thread Next
Re: Old LP1 upgrade problem
first thing would be to establish what IP your router is on this is
normally 192.168.1.1 but this may not always be the case.
for example if the router is 192.168.1.1 the LP1 should look like this:
I used to use IP: 192.168.1.5 (I chose .5 as the laptop would normally
take .2 desktop .3 etc.
If using the crossover adapter you have to connect the LP1 directly to
the laptop not via the router.
I used to manually set a fixed the IP for a windows machine like this:
Then set the gateway to whatever IP you fixed the laptop to.
IP: 192.168.1.5 LP1
Gate: 192.168.1.2 laptop
one further tip - clear you browsers cache
On 01/09/2018 00:52, Dennis M wrote:
I've been trying to connect my 2006 LP1 through ethernet directly to
my laptop to upgrade the OS via a browser...unfortunately I can't get
the connection to work. Here's what I'm doing:
1) Set LP1 as follows from my 1.20 manual:
2) Set laptop ethernet:properties:Internet Protocol Version 4 to the
exact same settings as the LP1.
3) Open browser and try to connect with: http://192.168.99.2 but it
eventually times out.
4) I've tried with both a regular ethernet cable and a crossover
5) I've also tried letting the laptop dynamically determine the IP,
Gate, Netmask...no connection.
I'm going nuts trying to get this simple connection to work with no
success. Am I missing something obvious???