Re: slicer effect?/mini kaoss pad

On Jan 8, 2010, at 8:31 PM, scott hansen wrote:

i've been looking at the slicer effect (boss) and think it's pretty cool. i know some people said that this is a dj/groove effect -could someone tell me what hardware samplers/gear this is on/available? is it just the high end stuff (mpc's?). just curious??? is it on the korg electribe units??

thanks for the advice on my mini kaoss pad-i don't have an effects loop option, but i put it inbetween my zoom g2 and my digitech rp150, so the rp150 pushes the signal a bit more. and i think i've solved the problem. i do like the sounds it gets for sure. certainly wacky stuff...
happy looping ...
s---

Scott, there are four slicer effects in your mini-KP -  Slicer, Mid Slicer, Slicer & LPF, Slicer & HPF. You don't have all of the rhythmic patters of the boss unit, but you can control tempo. depth, etc. I also have a Boss SP-303 that has slicer capabilities with different rhythms. On the plug-in side I'm running the Soundtoys Native Effects bundle which includes the Tremolator that allows for slicing.

All the best,

Loren Claypool
genre-indifferent instrumental guitar music
www.lorenclaypool.com and links from there