Re: [Fwd: Re: Video Streaming Services - Status and Survey]

From: "Rainer Straschill" <moinsound@googlemail.com>
Sent: Thursday, January 14, 2010 6:06 PM
To: "Looper's Delight Mailing List" <Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com>
Subject: [Fwd: Re: Video Streaming Services - Status and Survey]

> Stephen Goodman schrieb:
>
>> I cannot seem to get ustream to broadcast in stereo.  Here's what I've
>> got running for the latest shows:
>>
>> This through ustream's encoder (the FME is not selectable, and when the
>> checkbox is selected nothing happens, let alone a plugin installation
>as
>> their 'help' graphics show.  No answer from ustream about this.
> That is the cause, though a solution is not known to me: when not using
> FME, the audio is always mono (on ustream).
> The process is download xml file for FME from ustream -> start FME using
> the xml file -> click "Broadcast Now" to open the broadcast window in
> ustream -> click "start broadcast". In this setting, it automatically
>uses
> the already transmitting FME stream (which may even be coming from
>another
> computer, though that one may have to be under the same public IP4).

Is it possible to get the xml file then?

>> Perhaps I misunderstood the answer from Livestream's forum but I have
>> get more viewers to be 'verified'.  Or is that not the only criteria?
> It's not a criterium, and it rather works the other way round:
> To get verified, you have to apply for it (the thing tells you) by
>filling
> out a form. It's basically a graphic with a channel logo, a short
> description, a few tags, the location of your main target audience, your
> intended use etc. Takes roughly 10 minutes to fill that out.
> Once you do that, you get verified very quickly.

I got the "new, inactive or small channel" response from that one, back in
October.  I assume then that one has to have more than a few vids of shows
on their system to get verified as it turns out.  How many did you have up
when you got verified?

> They claim "usually within two business days", for me it was less than
>one
> (and I think also for Jeff).
>
> Before your channel is verified, your maximum number of viewers that can
> watch (from livestream's side) are 40 - if you get verified, it's
> unlimited. But you do NOT have to have more than a specific viewer count
> to get verified. The only requirement is filling out the form.

I'll put some more material up there then and see what happens.  Thanks!