noisy laptop, (was firewire soundcard)

I've had a few laptops now and it seems to be pot luck as to whather thet are noisy whe using the psu. If you take the earth off the noise disappears. I do it by pluggin the psu in upside down in the socket on British plugs. Latops are generally plastic so it wont fry you either..

Peace

> Date: Fri, 5 Feb 2010 13:06:18 -0400
> Subject: Re: Firewire interface recommendations
> From: andre@andredonawa.com
> To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
>
> Sjaak,
>
> I was wondering how low is your latency?
>
> Andre
>
> http://twitter.com/AndreDonawa
> http://www.andredonawa.com
> http://cdbaby.com/all/andredonawa
> http://www.myspace.com/andredonawa
>

> On Fri, February 5, 2010 5:44 am, Sjaak Overgaauw wrote:
> > On Fri, Feb 5, 2010 at 5:16 AM, André Donawa <andre@andredonawa.com>
> > wrote:
> >> I was really looking forward to the ultra lite. Are you using the mk3?
> >> If so usb or fireiwre?
> >
> > Hi Andre,
> > I have the firewire only version of the Ultralite mk3 running on Mac
> > OSX 10.6. This combo is rock solid, it never crashes so far, very
> > stable drivers. USB2 was added my MOTU a few months ago, but the model
> > is still called mk3 I think.
> >
> > Regarding noise and USB, that's a common issue on many Windows
> > laptops. I have used many different Toshiba's for my work and they
> > were all noisy when I used USB and had the powercable plugged in. On
> > batteries, it was fine. A general recommendation is to use a dedicated
> > laptop for your music, re-install the OS from scratch, and upgrade the
> > OS and drivers to the latest versions. That's usually a good start for
> > a stable system. What OS do you use? XP? Vista?
> > --
> > Sjaak Overgaauw
> > http://premonitionfactory.com/
> > http://livelooping.be/

Not got a Hotmail account? Sign-up now - Free