From: tEd (r) KiLLiAn [mailto:tedkillian@charter.net]
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 6:14 PM
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Subject: Re: Hi everybody.

Ace,

Hi there and welcome aboard!

I don't know a thing about synching a "mixed pair" of an older EDP and
a newer one.

I have had the same matched pair since 1996 and for many years ran
them as a perfectly matched and synched pair.

But just to let you know that if there is any chance your pair won't
"play nice" together in stereo, there are plenty of reasons and ways
to still use them as distinct un-synched mono units - which is what I
have been doing with mine for 3-4 years now.

I "stereo-ize" the mono output of each with other FX units (in my case
an Alesis Akira for each) and am able to keep 2 distinct looping
patterns going with 2 distinct types of looping.

If I want to keep ambient-ish non rhythmic material going on one while
I slice dice and chop glitchy rhythms up on the other with sus-replace-
insert techniques I can have both worlds going at the same time.

So . . . if it turns out your EDPs are mismatched, don't despair . . .
lots of fun can still be had.

I am by no means any sort of loping guru in this group.

But I have been here a long while - almost as long as the group has
existed.

Hope someone can point you in the right direction.

Best,

Ted