Re: A multi channel looper-with scripts

On Thu, Feb 11, 2010 at 10:40 AM, andy butler <akbutler@tiscali.co.uk>
wrote:
>> If I was needing more automation of record and playback functions or was
>> wanting to write complex scripts to control effects and map out song
>forms
>> then I would go the lap top route but since the nature of my music is
>open
>> ended and improvisational, I haven't yet felt the urge to go software.
>>  someday when i have a lot of free time to devote to it I
>will...someday.
>> Bill

This is funny, Bill, but the reason I started using software loopers
more than my EDP/Repeater setup was actually that I want to improvise
more in my music! ;-))

When you improvise live looping music the looper becomes the ultimate
instrument you play and I strongly felt that I would like to tune my
own instrument rather than adapting to whatever functionality knobs
some manufacturer had decided to put on the front plate of the box.

Bottomline: Using software based tools is not about "getting more
options". It is about getting down focusing on a few tools that YOU
chose and keeping them optimally sharp for your praxis.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com