Recent DigItSignal archive posted

I have a relatively new collective that I share with some other members of our community called 'DigItSignal'.  It's a 'virtual' NinJam band but we stream live to the web via the video site, www.livestream.com.

In that we are coming from multiple locales on two continents and still working on how to all be live on camera, we have continued to support our NinJam performance with a public domain 'classic' film for our video portion each show.  We've used the early Dracula, The Last Man on Earth, The New World and this past Sunday's feature, Fritz Lang's 'M' which was great.  Due to the film's length we split it over two performances with this past Sunday being the concluding hour.

DigItSignal began officially as part of the Virtual Sound & Vision festival which took place last October and it's grown from a then trio to a quartet.  Sunday morning were a sextet and about cleared the bandwidth gates except for one crosswind that got us 2/3rd's in to the hour for a few minutes.  The NinJam as it was a separate feed stayed in tact during the Livestream loss. I went back this week, repackaged our video, remixed our NinJam, added a few still images from the previous week's episode and posted on Vimeo at http://www.vimeo.com/9384909.

As mentioned there are loopers and loopage in DigItSignal.  They are Jeff Duke, Steve Moyes and myself.  Non-LDer's from other walks of life I've come to know are Ray Istorico (electronic drums - USA), Peter Thðrn (soprano/alto sax/nykelharpa/found things - Sweden).  The regular band has been Peter, Jeff, Ray and myself.  Jeff is going to take a few weeks off from our project to go to work on a film for George Lucas (okay seeing if anybody is reading this!) and the ably bodied Steve will be filling his shoes with a cello bow among other things.  So Sunday was Steve's indoctrination into our midst.  And jumping on our NinJam, friend of Peter's from the Canary Islands, David Perreko on drums/percussion/acoustic guitar.

I'm still in the process of porting a Flash version for our Livestream channel which is http://www.livestream.com/digitsignallive but in the meantime the high-q QT version is up on Vimeo at the above link.

The next DigItSignal live show will be either this Sunday or next, stay tuned for an announcement.

Thanks for listening/watching/reading about this project.

Jim

--
ReUse, an introspective textural aural
www.myspace.com/CtReUse