Re: Looperlative & Novation Remote Zero?

That sounds about like what I was looking to do. Some things are better handled with foot switches, but for adjusting things like mixes and panning seems better handled with faders. I've got an Akai MPK49 that I was going to try this way, but it has a strong bias toward working as a USB controller unless one can track down an appropriate external power adapter. Presumably I'll have to do the same with the Novation. Does the Novation + Looperlative provide reasonable front panel feedback? For example, could I set it up so that I could see which tracks had been set for scramble or reverse, etc.? Is it possible to have a mute function for the track in addition to the volume control?

Having touched off the Looperlative v EDP debate, I must say that the EDP wasn't that hard to configure for MIDI control either though it isn't as flexible as the Looperlative. Andy's discussion of issues like long presses and the tuning on the behavior of the various modes is what makes the EDP seem more immediately controllable whereas the Looperlative is a high-quality core that needs to be configured to really be exploited.

One challenging area I've distinctly seen with the Looperlative is that the internal state machine seems at times harder to manipulate than the EDP. For example, having set up a basic cycle on one loop/looper, I like to have another loop/looper running with 0% feedback so that it just gives me a single repeat, but I then want to be able to transition into an overdub mode or even a hold (i.e., feedback = 100%, input = 0%). That's fairly easy in some configurations on the EDP. The Replace+Original function on the Looperlative seems to be the way to do it there, but it seems harder to set commands for "now I'm replacing", "now I'm overdubbing", "now I'm holding" that will work from any of the states. Maybe I've just missed some subtleties in the Looperlative programming and/or I'm using the wrong function. But I'll note, for example, that there aren't enough steps in a command to create a "Feedback = 0%" button.

Mark