Re: Looperlative & Novation Remote Zero?

I've used several controllers in combination with the LP1, including
the Gordius LG, Korg Nano control, Novation Zero, Roland FC-300. For
me as a keyboardist, a combination of foot and hand controllers work
the best. In terms of building complex midi patches and flexibility,
the Gordius is king.

The Novation is my main controller to control panning, feedback,
volume, reverse and half speed of the looper. The Novation is very
reliable, easy to program, well built, multiple input's/outputs. The
BIG difference with the Gordius is that you can handle maximum 1 midi
command to a function, eg button, fader, pot etc. However, you can
assign up to 8 (I think) functions on the LP1 to 1 midi CC or PC.

A few things you have to keep in mind:
- The LP1 handles midi CC's a bit different than other loopers. It
expects momentary midi CC with start value 127 and end value 000. This
means you have to program the Novation to use momentary buttons in
stead of toggle buttons (ON/OFF). The disadvantage is that your button
LED will always be switched off. So you can't use the buttons as an
indicator for reverse, half speed etc. That's a pity, but perhaps Bob
is willing to enhance the midi CC implementation
- The Novation does not respond to incoming midi CC's, so you can't
remotely control a rotary LED knob to keep it in sync with the looper
if something changes there.

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/