Re: Macbook Pro 2.26GHz OK for Audio Recording?

On Thu, Feb 25, 2010 at 4:07 PM, Paul Richards
<paulrichard_rocks@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I know more memory is better, generally speaking. I was going with the
>MB Pro configured with 2GB memory. What the be an issue in the immediate
>future? I know the rough memory requirements per O/S for Windows to
>function but have no clue as to the Mac.

Two GB should do fine for audio recoding, if going moderately. You
would need more RAM if for example running heavy sampler plugins while
carrying out your audio recordings. More than 4 GB RAM is only
possible to utilize if you run a 64 bit OS with 64 bit compliant
software. I tried that on my Mac (with 4 GB RAM) and found no positive
effect at all. But as said, producer colleges that run dense sample
libraries do indeed report a huge relief from using 8 or more.

For live looping application it seems RAM is less important. I looped
a lot on a windows xp box with only 1 GB RAM and I was creating many
parallel loops of several minute's length in Mobius.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com