Re: New looping video published, "This Is No Magic"

On Sat, Feb 27, 2010 at 5:03 PM, Anders Bergdahl
<anders_e_bergdahl@hotmail.com> wrote:
> Lazy, I don't know I sometimes, often actually, prefer improvisations..

Well, I was joking a bit ;-))  Actually I am quite ambitious regarding
extended improvisational techniques and put a lot of time into
developing such.

> What
> instruments did you use,

Akai EWI 4000s ("Electric Wind Instrument").

> at one point it sounded a lot lika an elctric
> guitar.

It is! I have sampled my single coil low output Stratocaster so I can
use my own guitar sound with the EWI. Musically it comes out a bit
differently when blowing compared to plucking physical strings, and
I'm finding that quite interesting! This sample set uses two
recordings for each note; one with a straight thick jazz pick attack
into a overdriven Sovtek MIG-60 tube amp with one Marshall Lead Series
1x12" cabinet. The other sample is the same rig but with a Big Muff
between guitar and amp, and these fuzz tones all go into "singing"
acoustic feedback in a couple of seconds (neighbors went crazy the day
I recorded all that). The feedback tone samples are set in the sampler
to a slow attack, so they only join in if I hold a long note.

> And how did you acheive the cool affects in the video, i have
>been searching
> for a tool to animate audio...

Graphic effect is dirt simple: iTune's graphic plugin!

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com