Re: the death of the loop

Nadia Salom schrieb:
> How does one go about killing a loop? I suppose you've just got to do it.
Although changing an existing loop would also follow (some of) your
goals, I will focus on killing a loop specifically. A lot has also been
said by others.

1. Playing live over the loop, fade the loop and then vary what your
playing...already mentioned, works fine for me. Especially if you use a
kind of crossfader to gradually fade from loop to live instrument (which
is playing the same thing...for the moment).

2. Reduce feedback. Now a lot of loopers don't allow you to do that,
especially if you're not in overdub mode. There's a workaround: don't
send your live signal into the looper and go into overdub, and the loop
will fade (usually requires using a mixer).

3. The Beethoven Symphony Ending Routine: Gradually trim down your loop
to increasingly smaller subsections. On the EDP (or Möbius) that would
be Multiply->Record. That way, you can trim down e,g, a long chord
progression to just the ending IV-V-I, then to V-I, then just to I.

4. Stop the loop.

          Rainer

--
http://moinlabs.de