the death of a loop...

someone said:
5) Mangling -- take the loop and "mangle" it -- slow it down, speed it
up, break it up, process and distort it -- there are many ways to
"mangle" and, ultimately, kill a loop.

ok, HOW IN THE F*** do you do this w/ a boss rc20? i mean you could
reverse it, which is what i would do...
but that was the problem i ran into w/ that unit, and why i got rid
of it, and honestly in the yr i had it, i used it rarely....
the few times i would use it, i'd do something, actually save it, etc
and almost all of the time, i would play one of the 11 saved loops
and i would listen and think to myself-why did i save that -
it sounds like CRAP... that's sort of why the whole storage mentality
means nothing too me.
whereas my old dod d12 i would play some loop (whether it was 12 sec
or short one) , stay w/ it a bit, then i'd play w/ it, by turning the
wheel to make it long or short, play over that, etc etc. a much better
system for me, and in all the recordings i did of those explorations
they were usually things much more interesting to me....
if you can see a pattern-i much prefer delay based looping....
to just static-phrase sample looping....
s--