Some quick reviews…BOSS SLICER…
i've only been experimenting w/ it for a couple days…
it's a keeper. i think i'll have to read the manual. but as rick w. says,
there's lots to do w/ it w/ mixing the direct vs effect amt.
the thing about it is, you feed it different stuff, it does different things.
honestly, it sounds cool when distorted guitar is fed to it-see the guitar world
vid review-they play w/ that a lot.
but i like it. honestly i liked the slicer effect in my roland ef303, but that unit is SO BIG (built like a tank though), the slicer pedal i think gives a nice variation of it...ok…follow-up: I was messing around w/ it w/ my direct setup (playing when  the li’l monsters are asleep) and I had a short modulated delay, the slicer on & one of my heavy distortions amp models going, then on my whacky new guitar that has on-off switches for the pu’s-so I can sort of do the buckethead/tom morello staccato effects w/ it—it sounded so cool, messed w/ that a bit. Most fun. I will say that I think it’s not an effect that you can leave on all the time, but w/ the mix options, you can turn it down and it can give subtle things to your playing…I will go w/ rick on this though, it’ll take me forever to find all it can do, I should probably read the manual…

ok, as for the DIGITECH TIMEBENDER…
well, remember us all chiming in on why a co. would just copy a pedal & put it out (hello digitech jamman pedal-aren't you close to the boss rc20?)...well, this thing isn't copying anything....at least i don't think (well maybe eventide delays that i've read about?)
the problem is, i think it's more of a pitchshifter than a delay per se. i mean there's tons of options of how you want the repeats. up/down shifting, etc etc. it does sound cool. but i guess after i've messed w/ it a bit, i wonder-can it be applied to anything? and i'm not honestly sure if it can. here's the thing-i don't think it's a great delay. it's ok. it just sort of creates washes of sound behind your playing for the most part. and it can be cool for us experimentalists, but i sort of wonder if the same effect can be gotten out of cheaper gear or a better delay. yes it has a looper (again-let’s throw the looper in there for sound on sound but you can't do anything to it!) but i don't honestly think it does %100 feedback-which bummed me out (since I favor delay based looping)…and then as I was reading the manual/info, I noticed that they advertise this thing having the ability to “BEND TIME”, when honestly I think it does more of “BENDING PITCH”. But for me, I think the effect I’ve been least impressed w/ is pitchbending, sure I thought it was cool back in’01 w/ my old digitech rp100, but after a while….after I played w/ it I thought, well if you want to be the musical equivalent of MONET’s IMPRESSIONISM, maybe it’s for you, but I sort of tired of what it could do after awhile. Like I said, it just seemed weak in the actual DELAY area for me. Although I should say that I did think the envelope setting was decent-I guess it’s like the slicer in that regards, and the settings that were most fun were the few that used random intervals (well they list the random intervals in the manual-so is it really random? Not sure, but it sounds random), and when I was playing w/ that for a bit I honestly thought it sounded like ANDRE LA FOSSE’s edp glitch –stuff…it was kind of cool for a bit, but I didn’t think I want to go that route since Andre LF does it way better than i. I did think the dynamic settings of tape and analog delays were decent, and when you would play w/ the time they would slide up and down nice, but the problem is that the repeats were so faint, never could get it to sound 100%, like I said it was just washes of stuff…I’m sure down the road I’ll hear someone who just does amazing things with it and think, hmmmm, man I was dumb or whatever…but overall, I haven’t been impressed with it. maybe I had too high of expectations, and maybe w/ the term “timebender” I had too high of hopes for it. but for me, I pulled it out of my setup last night and put my digitech DL8 back in, & was much happier (hence the fun I had w/ the modulated delay & slicer and my on/off switch!)

Happy looping…

s---