Re: Shielding, on further investigation OT

William Walker wrote:

> Put if that were the case I'd probably here the high
> pitched whine regardless of whether I was looping or not. The difficulty
> is that it might be a number of things happening to cause the problem.
> One thing I did try the last time this happened was to put a buffer amp
> in the signal path which also cured the issue.

maybe it's too obvious to mention, but what seems to be happening
is that at normal speed you're recording a signal onto the LP1 which
is too high for you to hear, then the Half Speed playback makes it audible.

The buffer amp cures it by filtering out the hf