storing cables

Hi there
I fix a piece of 2" x 1" 6fy  batten to the wall and bang in 6 inch
nails every 6-8 inchs. I then loop all my cables over the nails
separating different cables to different nails. If I get a cable with
a problem I tie a knot in it to know that it needs repairing and put
it on the cable repair nail.
Allows you to keep all your leads tidy in my studio for a couple of quid.
When I finish a session I take all the cables and loop them over on
the relevant nail

regards
Roger