Re: Shielding, on further investigation OT

"
"maybe it's too obvious to mention, but what seems to be happening
is that at normal speed you're recording a signal onto the LP1 which
is too high for you to hear, then the Half Speed playback makes it audible.

The buffer amp cures it by filtering out the hf"

 Yes I have considered this, but the frustrating part is its intermittent.  i have encountered this high pitched frequency when batteries have started to die, but it was a constant sound, not something that occurred only when recording at half speed, and the fact that the problem disappeared when i turned off the satellite dish makes me  think its a combination of interference possibly, a dying battery, perhaps a combination of electromagnetic and electrostatic, interference.... or perhaps its the demon leprechauns who won't stop singing their high pitched theme song in my head...........
Bill