Re: Looping Discussions and Comparisons (Was Re: unsubscribe)

Robert, Charles, etc.,

I never thought about it that way . . . "'old boys network' or like a
neighborhood bar" . . . but I suppose you're right.

I've been on here since '96 and seldom post anything substantial
anymore, except to join in on discussions when old friends are present.

It's sort of like the neighborhood pub . . . and by implication . . .
I'm one of the old geezer semi-regulars (the quiet, moody one in the
corner).

LOL.

I suppose I've been using mostly the same set of gear I've acquired so
long ago (mostly) that, after a point, posting with questions or
answers is no longer that necessary.

I listen in very intently on software discussion (though I do not yet
use a computer for live performance) and quietly learn what I can from
the sidelines.

Most of the really interesting "philosophical" raison d'etre
discussions have come and gone many, many times in periodic waves.

You have to wait around to catch one . . . or look such things up in
the LD archives.

I think, from time to time of unsubscribing myself . . . maybe I will.

I have almost nearly "retired" from performing at this point.

I guess I don't do either totally yet because of that "pub" aspect.

I'd miss all of the other "good old boys (and old gals)" too much.

Though I don't use it yet, I firmly believe software is the way to go
(if you can afford it, have time on your hands and are undaunted by
the learning curve).

Many of the folks on this list are very experienced at doing exactly
what you want to do and have tried it all and done it all for years
and years.

You just have to get their attention . . . perhaps buy them a pint (to
continue the "pub" metaphor) or two . . . to get them into the
conversation.

That's my advice.

I'll stumble off to my smokey booth in the corner now [hic] and think
deep moody thoughts to myself [burp].

Cheers,

Ted Killian