OT: substitute for hardware/system profiles in Windows 7

Hi everyone,

sorry for this OT topic, but I'm mostly hanging in that neighbourhood
bar most of the time so...

I'm using Windows 7 (Professional x64) on my new main music computer.
Due to the fact that it's my only portable computer with a big screen,
I'd like to consider the idea to use it for both (music-making and other
stuff), but if possible without the hassle of two independent OS
installations.

So basically, I need a way to have two different system configurations
(like hardware profiles were back with e.g. XP) from which I can select
at boot time.
Those configurations would mainly differ with regard to services being
run (among them network and security (virus scanner etc.)) stuff.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

          Rainer

--