Re: how do you store your cables?

Qua wrote:
"Large plastic ziplock bags can be useful for organizing, labeling"

Yeah,  I have a large collection of stomp box pedals that aren't on my
current
stomp box setup (it's in the air on a keyboard stand instead of on the
floor).

I kept losing or misplacing the WalWart ACs for each pedal and tearing
my hair
out looking for them right before I wanted to use something at a gig, so I
went out and bought a whole bunch of really large ziplog bags.

Now I put each pedal I"m not using in the bag with it's respective Wallwart
and then put them inside of colorful egg cartons (or file crates)

Here in California at least,  they have made a lot of very brightly colored
plastic file crates and they are a handy way to store different types of
cables,
stomp box pedals and even small instruments.

The nice thing is that you can see from across the room what crate you
are looking
for as long as you memorize your color scheme.

I can also see the individual stomp boxes through the see through
baggies too , so I can
quickly sort them out if I"m looking for something in particular.

I don't know if I"m too weird or not (go ahead, brothers and sisters,
let the flames begin)
but I like to just put different pedals together in different
combinations and just go
to a gig without knowing exactly what they'll do.

I know that someone like my brother who is so meticulous about his
guitar sound, both regular and processed
that this won't do, but I like to be surprised and try to make something
out of what the processing gives me.
This is also,  to be honest,  pretty easy when you are dealing with
noise as I am currently doing with a
large part of my live performances.

Rick Walker