Re: Forced to withdraw with apologies and an important note aboutthe economics of selling CD/DVDs Rick's advice

Rainer Straschill wrote:

> On which I'd like to comment, as well as on David's business plan (in no
> specific order):

well, kudos to David for having a plan, and implementing it.

Nice summary tho'

> And you either have to use
> them stupid labels (or actually pay more for printing it to disc at a
> copyshop).

actually, if you're buying a printer it's easy enough
to get one that does cds these days.

> b) the just-in-time logistics approach - as with kunaki.
> printing, which in my eyes looks fine.

yes,
actually printing a photo type graphic on a "real cd"
often looks really bad, and usually won't come out
as expected. (safer to use pantones)
Plus one for Kunakai.
They don't look *exactly* like a regular cd,
but close enough I don't think anyone would complain.

> of view. On the other hand, I believe saving on the mastering might just
> ruin the CD,

 ;-)
...I'd be very disappointed if my music got run through
a compressor.

andy butler