WAY OT: Video monitor glasses

Apologies for the OT post, but given the general nature of this list
and people's love of tech and toys it seems someone might have some
experience with this question of mine.  Has anyone ever tried those
glasses that have small monitors in them that claim to  be like
watching a 50 inch screen or the like?  There seem to be a lot of them
but not a lot of reviews so I'm not sure if its a nice idea that is
flawed or if they really work.  I can think of many fantastic uses for
these if they work (there was a report that people could induce out of
body sensation be viewing the output of a camera that was recording
from a perspective behind them for example) so I thought I'd see if
anyone has any experience with them.

You could also project video loops to get in sync with your audio if
you had to I suppose.

Back on topic now,

Kevin

--
Till now you seriously considered yourself to be the body and to have a
form. That is the primal ignorance which is the root cause of all trouble.

- Ramana Maharshi (1879-1950)

Sound and Vision:  http://www.minds-eye.org
Video http://www.vimeo.com/user877640/videos