OT: Recommendations for Microphone and Archtop or Acoustic Guitar

Thought I would close this out.

I bought two mics.  First, I bought an Audio Technica Pro 70. This is a clip on condernsor mic for guitar or voice applications. I can actually wrap a piece of cloth around the mic and it slides nicely under the wood pick guard of the guitar, pointing toward the f-hole.  No feedback, decent tone...great for live applications and blending in the natural sound of the guitar with my amp.

Then I bought a Shure KSM 137, which I really like.  I talked to one of Shure's engineers, who has been with them for 25 years, and also happens to be a jazz archtop player. This is what he uses (obviously).   It does a good job at capturing the nuances of the archtop. It also has a few things that not all of these pencil type condensor mics have, such as a three way level switch, and three roll-off settings (one being flat).

Kris