Re: Drummer Monitor (Yamaha MFC10 midi foot controllers and the EDP-1)

Petri Lahtinen wrote:
> good monitoring for the drummer is essential, I suppose.
> If anyone else is reading the thread, how do you solve this problem in a
> band environment?

yep, good monitoring for the drummer is the way.
...and you need a co-operative drummer.

also that's important for the rest of the band

> can edp send tempo data through midi?

yes, but it won't help, the drummer just needs
to hear the audio in the loop.
Unless your drummer actually *wants* a click track,
and will follow one.

 and how this setup is done...

parameter
Sync = Out
OR
Sync = OutS (additionally sends midiStartSong commands)

> is there a thread somewhere on LD on this... have to search..
>
> -Petri-
andy