[Fwd: Re: MOOG MF-401 Auto De-tune]

Christophe schrieb:

> It probably wouldn't be that hard for an enterprising designer to
> create - more or less the same principle they use with some drum
> machines/programs to "humanize" them.  Just throw in little pitch errors.
>
> From: "Matt Davignon" <mattdavignon@gmail.com>
>
> The funny thing is that's an effect I'd love to have. I could see a
> real use for the auto-detuner. Not on vocals, but maybe on keyboards,
> drum loops and other instruments that could stand to have more
> artifacts and "human elements".
This effect actually has been available for some time - it's called
"chorus" ;).
Seriously though, you can do that with about any of the programmable
multi-effects from the last 10 to 15 years. Use a pitch shifter and link
some modulation source to the pitch parameter. You can have it working
randomly, or level-dependant (i.e. louder notes get bended) etc.

And regarding the humanize effect - I believe the newer generation of
Boss/Roland guitar thingies (GTPro, VG-99) also offer something like
that for some faux-double-tracking effect.

--
http://moinlabs.de
Follow me on twitter: http://twitter.com/moinlabs