Re: Tone control

"Most guitar manufacturers no matter how high end usually don't go the extra mile by including capacitor circuits on the their tone controls. "

Maybe I should resist making blanket statements when I first wake up :-) and just stay under my blanket. What I meant was that  that more manufacturers could go the extra mile to have tone circuits that are really effective and don't just muffle the sound, killing highs and mids along with a lot of volume. I'm with you Andy, the fetish like obsession with achieving guitar tone is a bit ridiculous and I'm describing myself!!!
Andreas, thanks for the Ken Fischer articles. I remember our conversations in 2008 and I'll have to investigate that further. I believe I had newer big black caps put in my strats but I can't remember. I sent the article  to my amp tech Alan Bartz who is a wizard with amps, and after he initially rolled his eyes about the difference between capacitors, he said that there has been much advancement in the last 20 years regarding components and circuits and it may be splitting hairs a bit to say that one can't achieve a similar sound out of newer components.  Those  articles are  pretty  old. But I'd also be the first to admit that others have more finely tuned ears than mine.
Bill