Re: Basic RC-50 Question

I use a lot of pre-recorded loops / samples.  Its very easy to figure out
what the original
tempo of a loop is. You can use something like beat detective in protools,
or you can
manually figure out what the tempo is. Then just load the sample in and
set the original
tempo.  blips, bleeps, etc., just need to be set to "one shot" so that
they just play once and
don't loop.  And will play just once each time the pedal is pressed.

If you don't want a sample to adjust to the current tempo, just set it to
not "tempo sync".  I
think the rc50 gets a bad rap sometimes.  Its a very complicated unit and
takes time to
master.  I love my rc50.  It did take me a while to figure it out.

I found these .pdfs to be very helpful.  The book that comes with it kind
of reads like stereo
instructions, rather technical but the support documents on Boss's site is
very helpful:

http://www.bossus.com/gear/productdetails.php?ProductId=772&ParentId=251

I don't use any MIDI syncying I do everything from the pedal board, so I
can't really help
with the MIDI stuff....

Later
Baub