Re: Few questions about foot controllers etc.

On 9 Apr 2010, at 04:59, Clifford Novey wrote:

The main functions I really want are on the orig controller (who made the great decision to put "insert" on there??)

that was me... I dont quite understand... are you ironic because very few loopers use Insert?
but you can give it more popular functions like Reverse, Speed, Replace and such, it grew into a multifunction button!

so if no newer/smaller midi controller is available I will focus on upgrading/modding the original.

seems simpler to me.
the original LOOP delay used very cheap membrane switches with very short action and insensitive to moisture
they dont resist a heavy step, but you can protect them in various ways
or buy and expensive part, the best are probably the ones with piezo sensors.