EH:16DDL RI....

well, my big news...last week (on thur) i got my own electro harmonix 16 sec digital delay reissue....the bummer thing i was so busy i didn't get a chance to open it, set it up and play w/ it until sunday (it was killing me i was so busy).
but boy, is this thing AWESOME!
i think it's the looper i've been looking for, and why: LEVERS TO CONTROL THING & manipulate!!!!
wow, love the slow down/speed up option (i probably over use this!!!) -i guess this is the "pitch" option (there is the time option also-kind of fun!)
the switch to reverse,
i just love that there are visible switches to see/use to manipulate your loops.

i'm still getting use to it, the odd thing is that IT SAVES YOUR LOOP UNTIL YOU DELETE IT. which i honestly don't care about, but hey...

the funny thing in the last 2 days i've been playing it before work, and both mornings i almost forgot to quit playing and go to work (and drop my boys off to school).
on sunday when i was trying to figure it out (lots of manual reading!) i'd get a loop going and just let it go, while i read, haven't done that since the days of my dod d12!

sound wise-it is awesome. i know they say it's 16 bit (which i still don't know what the F*CK that really means, but what ever...), but it sounds clean and crisp to my ear. i'm even down to using just one modeler (my digitech rp150, took the zoom g2 out), and i also got a boss ultra fuzz pedal (i may be putting my multi-wave distortion pedal back in at some pt-still need to figure out space problems).

i don't know i just like it, a very musical little device. inspiring really. i don't think i've been so excited about looping since i 1st starting messing w/ my old 2 sec delays on my digitech rp100....for me i don't really care about stereo setup, i only use one amp, don't care about midi, if you were worried about "timing" i would guess you'd need the EH foot pedal perhaps, but since i create more abstract noise, it's not really a concern for me....

honestly i would like to say to EH and all the other co's: MAKE MORE PEDALS LIKE THIS!!! CONTROLS, MANIPULATION, yes yes yes....

the funny thing, this all got started when Chuck Zwicky sent me an email that he was selling his. i was busy at work, was (real) late opening the email, by the time i responded his was sold....but when he told me the price was 250$, i didn't think that's what they were selling for. i figured they were 400-500, so i never thought about it. so then i start checking ebay, over the next few weeks i saw some sell for 299, 275, 250, 235, one even sold for 180. and the unusual thing is i actually had the $$ since the last 4 months i've been "testing lots of stuff" by buying/selling....but i'm done now....the funny thing the one i got, i was outbid on, so i just moved on, then a week later i got an email that the buyer was from overseas, the shipping was going to be too much, so he passed, and i got the offer to buy it 2nd chance. wow, was i happy.

i even found a way around my recording woes-i've ditched the direct recording method i've done for 9 yrs, and i just put my fostex mr8 next to my amp and use the BUILT IN mic to record, so i've been doing little live loop recordings....1st time i've ever recorded an amp. my hopes is to sometime get these uploaded...i started w/ tests using just my rp150 for glitch looping, then did a few tests w/ 2.6 sec loops/mangles w/ my guyatone md3....and in the last few days i've been exploring the 16ddl....
well, i'll end my excitement....
happy looping.
s----
www.myspace.com/scotthansen