Re: Roland Guitar Synth repair

thanks George, I did email Wayne but no reply yet!

On Apr 15, 2010, at 11:24 AM, George Ludwig wrote:

Wayne Joness at gr300.com is an expert, but I'm not sure how available he is for repairs. But hit him up...

On Thu, Apr 15, 2010 at 10:26 AM, richard sales <richard@glasswing.com> wrote:
Any of you know of any good Roland Guitar Synth repair folks - hopefully in North America?  My beloved and ancient GR300 no longer recognizes the resonance information from the guitar - which is what transforms it from a normal synth sound into a maniacal banshee.  Have two Roland guitar controllers - 303 & 808 and no resonance from either, so I assume it's in the GR300.  Tested the cable and it seems to be carrying signal from all pins!

I suspect it's that klugey transparent ribbon cable inside the GR300.  They used them in the TR808 too, I believe.

I know this is NOT looper specific, but it IS the guitar I used on my early 80s looping recordings etc and was looking to get back into that - hopefully for Rick's big loopfest in October!

thanks

Richard

--
-George