Live looping with french horn

Hi all, this is my 1st post.

I hope to perform live with a french horn and looping setup.

I have to warn you I am a newbie to music tech - many apologies if this sort of question has been posted before.

I have just purchased a Boss VE20 vocal effects processor (with harmoniser and looper) and a shure m57 mic. My first attempt I have posted on my myspace page - http://www.myspace.com/jonbarrett95, 'Negev dawn' (ambient-type).

I think the looper is quite limited on this pedal and I'll have to supplement performances with a computer or another loop pedal.

I wanted the technology to be at an absolute minimum, and I'm not much good with computers, so I'm tending towards the idea of another, additional, loop pedal.

So, which do you think would be better-

a) French horn > mic > mixer/splitter > Boss VE20 and/or effects pedals > additional looper > PA

or

b) horn & computer (with ableton or something) > Boss VE20 > PA

or even

c) an additional band member!

I'm concerned with the present setup everything would end up sounding the same. Plus I'll have to be very accurate with the looping with this Boss pedal. But I do want to keep things as simple as possible - a computer in a live performance would strike me with terror (stablity etc)!

Also, I'm not quite sure where to put the effects pedals in the chain in a) (there aren't enough effects on the VE20 to be honest meaning I will again have to supplement.).

If anyone has ideas for additional items in the chain (if I've made glaring ommisions etc) that'd be most welcome.

Cheers,

Jonathan