OT: Released 1st EP Piano/Double Bass : Joshua Steele - The Tide

Dear Loopers,

We just released a 4 song EP with a pianist/vocalist friend of mine, Joshua Steele. The project is called Joshua Steele The Tide and is accompanied by me on Double Bass. I layer most of the songs with 8-12 double bass tracks(bowed or plucked) with the idea in mind that it would be an orchestral bass section sound. I had live looping in mind as I recorded the tracks so like would be easier once we start playing the songs live. You can listen to the songs stream for free at our website at:

 www.joshuasteelemusic.com

We used Tunecore as our digital distributor so they provided a widget we put at the top of the website. You can choose between the songs on the right hand side of the widget. So far (it's only been 2 weeks) I like it. It's already up on Amazon mp3, and emusic. Itunes should probably take another week.

It's the first time we've gone through this process(mixing-mastering-distribution) and yes, I'm still giddy with excitement. I would love to hear any constructive criticism you guys have on the songs. Good or bad.

Todd Matthews