digitech jamman/looping...(EH smmh & EH 16DDL ri)

i wasn't sure if anyone noticed: in the last issue of guitar world that i got they review the digitech jamman solo and they gave it a favorable review
i  don't see the review on their website yet, but here's the utube vid by GW: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzoF1gG9Ghg

also i think the last musiciansfriend.com catalog i got had a review of it in there...favorable of course...

someone said:
"At this stage all my looping is at home, I'm limited to the SMMH's 30sec
stereo loop. Two years on I'm still waiting to find a decent looper that
does what I want properly can safely live on my pedal board."

i had the EHsmmh, and as a looper i thought it was ok, i mean 30 sec is a lot of time and the ability to reverse, slow down or speed up the loops is great. but i didn't love the interface as much on the EHsmmh, but then when i got the EH 16sec DDLri-whoa...totally love it. there are ways that it's similar and of course different, i just like that the 16ddl has more control options, and i like the interface buttons a bit more,
i think the one thing is to not think of "30 sec" on a SMMh as a limitation, just use it as a tool. you want limitations, go get an old digitech rp100, and mess w/ the 2 sec delay loops that it offers, that's what i did for about a yr before i got my first long delay pedal, when i got the dod d12-coming from being use to the 2 sec of delay going to 12 sec i thought it seemed like FOREVER...

i think one thing w/ all the gear options that are available, if people would just accept the parameters of certain gear and explore, instead of whining/complaining about it. sure it would be great if there was some uber-looper out there that kept everyone happy, but it's not going to happen. i know for me, messing w/ my digitech dl8-at times i wish it did have double the delay time to 16 sec, but honestly, 8 sec of delay is usually more than enough.....(for me at least...)
my 2 cents...
s---
www.myspace.com/scotthansen