Re: tragic news

        The outpouring of support from our community makes it glaringly
evident that Kim Flint was an inspiration, driving force, and advocate for
whomsoever desired it, and that I am not alone in grieving the patent void
created by the passing of a man so deeply and seemingly universally
respected.  His loss will surely reverberate around not only our
community, but any other milieux he touched, and I join the congregation
in extending my condolences to Violet and endorsing some kind of musical
requiem.
        Unlike others on the list, however, I wasn't present at the EDP's
inception, now was I around when LD began.  In fact, I'm still 4 days shy
of my 17th birthday, and my EDP dropped on my doorstep little over a month
ago.  Nevertheless, in the short time I've been subscribed and from the
archives I've looked through, I can see the impact, direct and indirect,
that this ancillary had through the community he nursed to maturity, and I
have learned and been exposed to so much here.  As he passed, his creation
gave my expression new life, and so my sadness is tempered with admiration
for a man who affected me deeply without an iota of personal contact.  I
await my musical growth throughout my life, and I know that this list will
sustain me in everything looping-related, so I owe a debt to Kim Flint's
legacy.  I speak for us all in saying thank you; you will be missed.

- Walker Argendeli

P.S. Violet– Whenever you get around to more earthly matters, I would be
honored to offer my technical and other abilities (depending on school
workload) to the site/list to keep it running.  Rick Walker put it
perfectly:
> There is also such great technical acumen on this site so if there's
>anything we can do to help you continue this list,  please don't hesitate
>to ask.
> We'd love to help you continue his work and, in the same breath,  if it
>is a task that you feel is just too much (and who would blame you),  we
>can help you figure out how to pass that work and burden on.

Thank you for keeping LD alive, and for now, just hang in there.