From: david kirkdorffer <unstrungone@yahoo.com>
Subject: ebows
To: Loopers-Delight@loopers-delight.com
Cc: jeff_d@embarqmail.com
Date: Sunday, June 27, 2010, 8:00 PM

Jeff -

Hi.  Catching up with "the digest."

I use a volume pedal and a delay (400ms).   I'll "swell" the volume after I pluck a string and fill the delay.  It means I'm standing on one foot A LOT as I continuously "pump" the delay.  This allows for controlable, variable dynamics and a far more "roundness" than the somewhat harsh buzz I experienced playing with an ebow.

I hope that helps.

David

Re: ebows

Saturday, June 26, 2010 6:15:41 PM
How do you get that sustain? I have been listening quite a bit to 9.9.99 and was wondering in fact.

best,