RE: analogue guitar

Hi Andy,
Thanks for your input. That's a good point and one which I hadn't considered to be the case. I figured that if the string frequency had been guessed wrong then the pitchbend data at least would be reliable. Aparently the Zeta Mirror 6 works on this principle. I've been trying to find someone who's used one to pick their brains on its reliability in this regard.
Not to worry though, I can still use piezo outputs for picking intensity and possibly derive pitch shifting by comparing a frequency output from an oscillator set to the derived pitch with the audio from the guitar. A DC bias for string bend may be derivable from that..
Failing all this, Whew!... Some sort of strain/pressure guage on each string may yield the information I need. Though I imagine there would be calibration issues with that one.

We'll see... :-)

Gareth