Re: Re: EDP vs Looperlative

Wow, Andy,  I love the EDP,  but, to my ears, there is a distinct
difference in audio quality between my EDPs and my LP1.
The LP1 is a lot crisper.   I actually like the sound of the EDP.  It
has a 'warm' quality but hi fidelity is not one of
it's top suits if you ask me.    The 'warmth'  is akin to the warmth
ascribed to the EMU SP 1200 drum machine.
Lower fidelity but a very pleasing sound, musically speaking.

I'm curious what other multiple users think about this topic.

These are my thoughts having used both a lot in my looping:

Also,  though there are a lot of Line 6 DL4 similar functions in the LP1
as you mentioned,  there are also a lot of EDP styled functions
in the machine (bouncing, replace, Q replace, multiply, etc.)  and a few
proprietary functions that make it different from both the DL4 and the
EDP  (notably Scramble, Pitch manipulation - Mellotron simulation with
several on the way) so
for my money,  the LP1 is a lot more versatile and 8 stereo tracks with
the ability to sync or not sync individual tracks is a huge plus.

Progamming the LP1 is also vastly simpler than the EDP (merely because
you do not have to get deep into learning each individual Midi footpedal
programming but , instead use a midi learn function that is quite simple
on the LP1) from my experience.

Their architecture is so different...........one, a mono looper than has
multiple loops that can only be played sequentially but with a
tremendous amount
of very, very clever programming that allows for manipulation of the
loops.....the other,  a stereo looper (that purposefully eschewed the
kind of
linear architecture of the EDP specifically because there were multiple
loops that one can navigate to or play simultaneously)
that they really are different instruments.

I agree with what Andy said earlier about being clear about what kind of
looping you envision yourself doing.
Maybe you can post that and we can all give you a better specific
recommendation about which one would be best for your
specific use.