Re: OT: midi mergers

hi james. got your email, but i thought i'd answer here. i had problems with my eventide, as you know and at the time i was merging midi clock with pc data using a simple kenton passive merge box. the clock data was being interrupted by the pc messages and messing with the timing, so i ended up spending 70 quid on a Kenton active merge box, thinking this would solve the problem. it didn't. i spoke to one of the techs at Kenton (nice chap), who said the box was working normally (i sent him some data) and that the way the pc data was being interleaved with the clock data was causing the problem. he offered to write me some new firmware for it, to change the way this worked, but i never heard from him again. i don't merge data in this way now, so it's no longer a problem for me.

sim