Re: tech advice - audio interface

mac pros do for sure i believe
cheers
Luis

On Sat, Sep 25, 2010 at 1:37 PM, Gareth Whittock <buddhamachine@live.co.uk> wrote:
Whenever I'm thinking about buying a new piece of gear I always google the model number followed by the word "problems". This can throw up issues before you commit. I learned this from a Presonus firebox which I had to send back eventually..
I heard macs are not supporting firewire for much longer - is this true anyone?

Peace

Date: Sat, 25 Sep 2010 10:51:19 +0200 Subject: Re: tech advice - audio interface

The saffire looks best for me too. The REM box that Per suggested are out of my price range...unfortunatley.  I have been using a M-Audio Fasttrack Pro that I can borrow from school, but it only has 4 outputs. I set up differently in different situations, but like to have several sources of sound to create a more spatial experience. Though I havent had the chance yet to create a longer live sound installation w a duration performance. we'll see....
good to know that a firewire interface is better...
thanks
Nadia