Re: Carrying instruments on airplanes - this is cool and very relevant!

Miles!
They can't lose the Funk Engine.  That would be like losing an elephant.
A purple one at that.
with lights on it.

Have fun
Say hi to Sokrates for me!

you might consider www.musicinsurancepro.com.

I know the F.E. is  NOT replaceable... but, insurance makes breathing easier... at least a bit.