Re: Fighting the temptation to noodle

Some other things to try might be making the first loop fairly sparse and
then copy it a time or two to other slots. Then seque to those from time
to time and add different things to each of the copies (and even the
original). Soon you have 2-3 loops with the same basic theme but with
different things going on and you can switch from one to another to add
variety. This can be especially powerful if you can play multiple loops
simultaneously. Also you can add something new and then use UNDO to remove
it. And using feedback to let loops gradually morph to something new can
be interesting too. This works best for me if I have a "theme" loop which
plays all the time and other loops that can evolve/devolve along with it.