Re: Great speech video on "Sound"

On Thu, Oct 28, 2010 at 7:23 PM, Mark Showalter
<folkstone57@operamail.com> wrote:

> My comment to this is, did the documentary explore any of the reasons
>those chimps we're sharing stories?
> Did they see if perhaps the chimps simply didn't like the children they
>were forced to be with?

Oh, I'm afraid I didn't explain it well enough: Chimpanzee and
children never met. Typical behavior of five old children was compared
to typical behavior of chimpanzee. The obvious difference mentioned -
that I find interesting for this discussion about man's urge to tell
stories maybe being a typical human instinct - was that children
always babble away telling stories but chimpanzee only communicate
when there is a practical need for it.

My point, to be understood, was that we already have the instinctual
urge to communicate and that music is just another language to babble
and have fun with. Like someone already said.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se
www.perboysen.com