Galactic Travels Playlist #708 for October 28, 2010.

Yahoogroups and other lists have been blocking my playlists for over a
month and I am SOOOO tired of trying to figure out what's triggering the
various filters.  My announcements before the shows are getting through
just fine so I am at a loss to understand why playlists aren't treated
the same.  In yet another effort to support the artists who appear in my
playlists, I have stripped out nearly all of the links that I
traditionally include.  You may see the unvarnished playlists on my
websites and blogs.  Meanwhile, let's see if this even gets though or
not. <sigh...>
==================

http://wdiy.org/programs/gt/playlists/2010/101028.html

Galactic Travels is an electronic, ambient, and space music show, that
airs each Thursday at 11:04 pm on WDIY 88.1 FM, Allentown and Bethlehem,
PA, 93.9 FM in Easton, PA and Phillipsburg, NJ, 93.7 FM in Fogelsville
and Trexlertown, and webcasting on the internet.  WDIY also broadcasts
in Digital HD at 88.1 FM.

                 Show #708                October 28, 2010.

RECAP:
On this show, I continued the month-long focus on the Ricochet Gathering
which took place this month in Berlin.  The Featured CD at Midnight was
"Okefenokee 2002" on the Ricochet Dream label.  I also played music by
Chuck Van Zyl, xeroid entity, and the Tangent Project who will be
playing at various concerts in the area.  Visit the events page for
details.

PLAYLIST:

11:04 pm
ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Kevin Braheny        Starflight 1 *       Galaxies (Hearts of Space)
xeroid entity        Megalith             Clouds of Dust (electro-music)
Van Zyl and Gulch    Regeneration Mode    Regeneration Mode (Synkronos)
The Tangent Project  Flow                 Live on Star's End Radio
                                             12-26-09 (none)
Ian Boddy            Hyperion             Pearl (DiN)
Dan Pound            Always On the Run    Wolf Moon (Poundsounds)
Ricochet Gathering   8:01 pm at the Gate  Okefenokee 2002 (Ricochet
                        to the Okefenokee    Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   Ommatidial Sorcerers Okefenokee 2002 (Ricochet
                                             Dream)

12:00 am
ARTIST               TRACK                ALBUM (label)
==================== ==================== ==============================
Ricochet Gathering   Sunny Dew Pixie      Okefenokee 2002 (Ricochet
                        Stix                 Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   Tacit Fox            Oke. 2002 (Ricochet Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   Suwannee Riversill   Oke. 2002 (Ricochet Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   Name That Tune       Oke. 2002 (Ricochet Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   Spacestation Hamburg Oke. 2002 (Ricochet Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   East Stranded Time   Oke. 2002 (Ricochet Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   Mars                 Oke. 2002 (Ricochet Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   Syncing in the Swamp Oke. 2002 (Ricochet Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   Latern Eyes          Oke. 2002 (Ricochet Dream)
Ricochet Gathering   Jupiter              Oke. 2002 (Ricochet Dream)

1:00 am

  * = excerpt
VA = Various Artists (compilation)
++ = Advance CDR from Artist
-- = Background music under interview

NEXT SHOW:
On the next Galactic Travels, I'll begin a month-long focus on Dan
Pound.  The Featured CD at Midnight will be "Drift" on Poundsounds
Records.

Bill
Host of Galactic Travels, an electronic, ambient, and space music show,
Thursdays at 11:04 pm EDT/GMT-4 on WDIY 88.1 FM in Allentown and
Bethlehem, 93.9 FM in Easton and Phillipsburg, and on 93.7 FM in
Trexlertown and Fogelsville.  WDIY also broadcasts in HD Digital Radio
on 88.1 FM.

Galactic Travels web site: http://galactictravels.info