Re: Boomerang 3

Before the new version 2 software there was a volume ramp at the loop boundaries to avoid any pops and clicks, now if you change the stacking behavior you can overdub a long held note over the loop boundary without hearing a volume ramp down/up. It works great for me because I'm bowing a string instrument and I think that would be the way to go with an ebow as well.

-Todd Matthews
On Nov 1, 2010, at 12:31 PM, Ruelle Benoit wrote:

Hello,

Yes it's nice to see you on the list. I'm also interested to learn about the "ambient" possibilities of the boomerang III.

from Todd Matthews:
"Set the optional stacking behavior so you can record seamless loops w/o volume ramps at the loop boundaries"

Can someone explain this a bit further? What is this special behavior? I would like to record seamless drones using an Ebow, is this really a seamless looping?

Xmas in approaching, The boomerang is on my wishlist as is a M9, time to make a choice, money is limited ;-)

Ben.

----- Original Message -----
From: Jeff Duke
Sent: Monday, November 01, 2010 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: Boomerang 3

Hi Mike, good to have you here for a bit!

Ambient looping guitarist here. We haven't corresponded since I upgraded my original Boomerang many moons ago.

Sjaaks questions are pretty much mine also. I am looking forward to your report eagerly!

Jeff

On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:52 AM, Sjaak Overgaauw <tcplugin@gmail.com> wrote:
On Mon, Nov 1, 2010 at 5:46 AM, Mike <mnelson@boomerangmusic.com> wrote:
> Hi loopers,
> I'll be visiting LD for a little while to answer any Boomerang(R) III
> questions that may arise.

Hi Mike,
I'm an ambient looper and was quite happy when I heard about the
version 2 freestyle feature. I would like to know how feedback/decay
exactly works on the Rang III. From what I understand from the manual
and from Todd Matthews here on LD, is that you have a decay knob to
control feedback. My question: does decay work for each track
individually or does it only work in overdub/stack mode on  the
current track? Example: is it possible to set decay to 70% with track
1 in play mode causing a slow fade out of the track without adding new
audio to the loop itself? Or use track 2 to create a new loop at the
same time with decay on 50% for example?

Thanks!

--
Sjaak Overgaauw
http://premonitionfactory.com/