Re: @Bill, empty loop, or looperlative trick

mark francombe wrote:
> I use quantised 8ths all the time Andy... Bill just did this thing where
> the 8th just turned up... I figured he used an empty loop... I was just
> curious cos it sounded so well organised and not my usual "flailing
> around" till something happens...

One thing that the Looperlative does which helps this is
that once you have a footswitch set up to do an 8th replace
it responds in an interesting way to multiple taps.
It will automatically
do as many replaces as you do taps with a gap between each.
That makes it very easy to get some kind of recognisable rhythm happening.

You probably already sussed that it's easier to get lucky with a usable
rhythm if you start out with a shorter loop (e.g. 8 beats long).

> So Mute Multiply re synches the second edp eh? Now thats new to me... I
> nearly sent you a mail a few days ago asking about exactly that...
> weird...have you been listening at my studio window...?  you live in
> Norfolk right... not North Oslo??

Whenever you use 8th replace the spirit of andy butler is looking
over your shoulder and whispering random facts about edp features.

andy