Re: softstep. anyone using it successfully?

Here here... One of the reasons that I started the Yahoo list was because I realised that a new product such as this would need a focused group to put together priorities and needs. As users we tend to moan, oh when will it be out , why isnt it released when they said it would be, and then when it does come out, oh why isnt it working perfectly?

I have NO DOUBT that all the software troubles WILL be fixed...

Heres mine:

I personally still have a problem with how the pedal feels, I discovered thru this process that I need a click. Im actually tallking to a performance artist friend who uses a lot of midi triggered sensor, as to whether one could make a midi triggered solenoid "clicker".

I have gotten the EDP´s to work, but like Zoe and Jeff I have issues with accidentaly triggering buttons cos Ive set them too sensetive...

... and I have an issues with not being able to select any scenes that I havent made myself. (but suspect that its just a display issue, and that in actual fact the scene IS selected.

I have played with controlling CC parameters on Fireworx... lots of fun.. but unusable in NORMAL musical sense...

and also like Zoe, I have it fireing off random commands once in a while (like stopping a loop of going into overdub, or multiply, without telling me) This and the first point are my biggests issues today, this one can be fixed... the first, about the feel of the pads.. may be a deal breaker...

BTW...

This discussion should be really on the Yahoo list to keep the information there for KMM to see (they are reading that list now) But as they are also reading THIS list I guess it really doesnt matter...

But I will be creating a general SoftStep Errors Document there soon... or if someone else wants to organise that I can make them a moderator.. infact you can all be moderators for all I care ha ha!

Mark