Re: small battery powered, stereo amp.....ORANGE MICRO CRUSH 6S

On Thu, Nov 11, 2010 at 7:15 PM, Jeff Duke <jeffloops@gmail.com> wrote:
> how can you have stereo without some separation of the speakers?! You
>might
> get both sides of the stereo field but they would be so close
>together...?

My old GK had the same "too closely" places speakers. That was good
from a portability perspective but you could not hear much of the
stereo effect. What I did though, to get wide stereo, was either to
plug in two standard Marshall cabinets or stick two PA mics up to the
tiny on-box elements.

> But at that price you can get two as Michael said. I found no vids on
> Youtube yet to convince me of a good loud clean sound however so...

If cranked it probably sounds as a small low price rehearsal amp on
its way to fall apart - but that is a way cool sound!  This is why I
think two mono boxes will work better; the physical speaker distortion
will then not harm the stereo field.

Greetings from Sweden

Per Boysen
www.boysen.se