Re: Leinhos, Peter is out of the office.

What a neat thread and thanks for 'being out of the office' which seemed to fuel this.  In Twitter fashion, @mattstevensguitar, for many years I didn't understand this and bemoaned my 'day job' thinking if I could ever earn my keep from the muse things would be better and in reality I've come to believe has time passes that what Matt expressed is the most accurate picture.  I think I have relayed this before and if so forgive but a mentor of mine who I once had this same dialog commented did I know whose apartment we were visiting at that time which was lower west side of NYC near the Village.  I did not and he told me it was a previous residence of Charles Ives and relayed to me that most of Ives life he sold insurance to pay his way.  I try to remember that at times when I feel things might be better.  I also have come to believe that for me it doesn't necessarily need to be music that is paying my way but more so some other skill that I have or will improve on that will one day allow me to be home-based instead of the corp model.  Regardless the quest is to have the most time that we can to work with our art. In a sense I've been blessed to have pursued mine as freely as I do, I was thinking this morn that because of this list and friendship gained as well as a project I got to tour the west coast quite a bit particularly northern CA which has always been a quest and I'm thankful for that.  I'm appreciative of Rick's presence in this list which provided a base to draw to.

Jim