Re: Experimental Looping Sound Sources: a List

Really dug that Rick, inspired!

On Tue, Nov 23, 2010 at 6:59 PM, Rick Walker <looppool@cruzio.com> wrote:
Bill Putnam of UA just sent this to me and I found it fascinating.

The wonderful invented musical world of Tim Kaiser
http://vimeo.com/3099287

It made me think of how live looping has urged me, personally, to keep
finding new and unusual sound sources that sound great when repeated
and mangled.

For me this has been finding sounds (that frequently are not considered to
be musical instruments that , nonetheless, have really intriguing musical possibilities),
inventing new and alternate techniques for existing instruments (like all
the guitarists on this list who use their electric and acoustic guitars as drum machines)
and even inventing new instruments.

I thought it would be an intriguing thread to talk about these three sources for
live looping and the augmentation of traditional looped instruments with alternate
sound sources.

What are some cool:

1)  Found Sounds

2)  Invented Sounds

3)  Alternate Techniques to change the sound of Existing Instruments

PS   I'm cc-ing this thread to Margaret Noble
who's website SOUND IS ART           http://vimeo.com/3099287
is a home to similar kinds of musical expression with the encouragement that
we CC all the responses to this thread to her as well for the sake of her site